GATE Exam Pattern 2018
IIT Guwahati will organize the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2018 for admissions to postgraduate programmes (M.E/M.Tech) & direct Ph.D degree programmes at the NITs, GFTIs, IITs & other universities or institutes across country. The GATE 2018 entrance exam will be organized on 3rd, 4th, 10th & 11th February 2018 at different examination cities in India. The exam of GATE 2018 will be conducted in eight sessions for the 23 papers. Those applicants who wish to appear for the GATE exam must check their GATE Exam Pattern 2018. IIT Guwahati will release exam pattern of GATE 2018 along with the GATE information brochure. The GATE paper pattern will comprises of the overall structure of the GATE question paper. With the help of GATE Test pattern, applicants are required to prepare well accordingly. Applicants can also check here complete details about GATE 2018 Marking Scheme and GATE Exam Pattern 2018 for all papers.
Overview of GATE 2018
- Exam Conducting Institutes: Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Guwahati
- Name of the Exam: Gradate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2018
- Examination Mode: Online mode (Computer Based Test)
- Number of GATE papers: 23 papers
- GATE 2018 Exam Dates: 3rd, 4th, 10th & 11th February 2018
- Courses offered: M.E/M.Tech and direct Ph.D courses
- Information About: GATE Exam Pattern 2018
- Official Site: www.gate.iitg.ac.in
GATE 2018 Exam Pattern
GATE 2018 exam is an all India level postgraduate engineering entrance test, offers M.E/M.Tech/Ph.D admissions at the GFTIs, IITs, NITs & other institutes. GATE exam will be organized for 23 courses. The GATE Exam Pattern 2018 will include details like the number of papers, type of questions asked, number of questions, marking scheme, total marks, etc.
- The GATE entrance exam comprises of a single paper of 180 minutes (3 hours) duration that contains a total 65 questions carrying a maximum of 100 marks.
- The question paper of GATE 2018 will comprise of both MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions) & NAT (Numerical Answer Type) questions.
MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions):-
- For MCQ (Multiple choice type questions), applicants have to select the response from the given choices.
- These questions can carry 1 or 2 marks in all papers & sections.
NAT (Numerical Answer Type):-
- For NAT (Numerical Answer Type Questions), applicants have to enter a number as the response using a virtual keypad.
- Every question carries 1 or 2 marks in all papers & sections.
GATE Marking Scheme and GATE Exam Pattern 2018
- For one mark multiple choice questions, 1/3 mark will be subtracted for incorrect response.
- For two mark multiple choice questions, 2/3 mark will be subtracted for incorrect response.
- There is no negative marking for NAT (numerical answer type) questions.
- GATE papers with the AG,AE, BT, CE, CH, CS, EE, EC, IN, MN, ME, MT, PI, PE, TF & XE code will contain mandatory engineering mathematics section carrying 15 marks. The remaining 70 marks are reserved for subject of the GATE paper.
- GATE question paper 2018 will include 85 marks particular to the subject while remaining 15 marks will be from General Aptitude.
- In paper AR, EY, CY, GG, PH, XL and MA, 85% marks will be allocated to the subject of the GATE paper.
GATE 2018 Paper Pattern/ GATE Exam Pattern 2018
- Total no. of Question – 65 questions
- Total Marks – 100 marks
- Total duration of Exam – 3 hours
GATE Paper Code
General Aptitude (GA) Marks
Engineering Mathematics/Chemistry section
AG,AE,BT,CE, CH, CS, EE, EC, IN, MN, ME, MT, PI, PE, TF & XE
Engineering Maths - 15
XL (Section P + any 2 sections)
Chemistry - 15
GATE Exam Pattern 2018:-
GATE 2018 Paper Codes
GATE Paper 2018
GATE Paper Code 2018
Architecture and Planning
Computer Science & Information Technology
Electronics & Communication Engineering
Ecology & Evolution
Geology & Geophysics
Production & Industrial Engineering
Textile Engineering & Fibre Science
GATE Paper Codes 2018 for XE & XL papers
GATE 2018 Paper
GATE 2018 Paper Code
Engineering Mathematics (Mandatory)
XE - A
XE - B
XE - C
XE - D
XE - E
Polymer Science and Engineering
XE - F
XE - G
Atmospheric and Oceanic Science
XE - H
XL - P
XL - Q
XL - R
XL – T
XL - U
Click here to check GATE Syllabus 2017 in detail
If you want more details about education related topics then register in Examhelpline.in.