AttachmentsDownload Schedule of Events of JoSAA 2017
JoSAA Counselling 2017
Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) will organize the JoSAA Counselling 2017 for the qualifiers of JEE Main 2017 & JEE Advanced 2017. The counselling of JoSAA 2017 will be organized in online mode only. JoSAA will organize the JEE Main counselling for JEE Main qualifying applicants and will allocate seats for admissions into the IITs, NITs & other GFTIs participating institutes. Also, JEE Advanced counselling will be organized for admissions into ISM Dhanbad & IITs. The JoSAA counselling procedure will organized in numerous rounds. It is expected that JoSAA counselling 2017 and JoSAA seat allotment 2017 will be held in 6 rounds. The JoSAA 2017 online registration & choice filling will start in the month of June 2017. So, here we provide the complete details about counselling process of JoSAA 2017, JoSAA 2017 counselling schedule, registration, choice filling, JoSAA 2017 seat allotment and document verification.
JoSAA Important Dates 2017
Applicants can check here JoSAA Counselling Dates 2017 or JoSAA 2017 Counselling Dates:
JoSAA 2017 Counselling
JoSAA Counselling 2017 will be organized through online mode after the announcement of JEE Main and JEE Advanced result 2017. Based on applicant’s performance in JEE Main & JEE Advanced 2017, applicants will be offered admission into the UG engineering courses at several JoSAA participating institutes 2017. In addition, the JoSAA counselling 2017 will be based on the JEE Main & JEE Advanced merit list or rank list & choices filled by the applicants at the time of JoSAA 2017 online registration. The counselling procedure of JoSAA 2017 will starts from in the month of June 2017. JoSAA online registration, online choice filling & locking, seat allotment will be completed through online mode only. Only those applicants have to participate in the JoSAA counselling 2017 procedure who have obtained rank in the JEE Main & JEE Advanced rank list.
JoSAA Participating Institute 2017
No. of Institutes
NITs (National Institutes of Technology)
IITs (Indian Institutes of Technology)
GFTIs (Government funded Technical Institutes)
IIITs (Indian Institutes of Information Technology)
JoSAA Counselling Procedure 2017
The counselling of JoSAA 2017 is divided into different steps. Here we provide the step by step JoSAA 2017 counselling process:-
JoSAA Registration 2017 and Choice Filling
The online registration for JoSAA 2017 will be done online mode only. All the qualified applicants of JEE Main & JEE Advanced will have to first register. After the JoSAA online registration, the applicants need to submit the choice for the college/institute & programmes.
- First of all applicants have to open the official site of JoSAA 2017.
- Now click on the JoSAA online registration & JoSAA choice filling link.
- After that applicants have to enter the JEE Main roll number & password.
- Then applicants should verify all the personal information and then select for the change password option. It is compulsory to change the password.
- Then applicants can modify the contact information.
- And then click on the submit button.
- After successfully registration, applicants should click on “choices available” to view the different courses available for you to opt.
- Then, the applicants should click on choices filling & locking. Applicants can also fix the submitted choices.
- Applicants can click on choices inter change to modify the order of preference.
- Then applicants are required to lock the submitted choices.
JoSAA Seat Allotment 2017
- The seat allotment of JoSAA 2017 will be done in every round of JoSAA counselling 2017.
- It is vital to lock the choices because the JoSAA 2017 seat allotment process will be done on the basis of submits order of priority & merit of the applicants.
- Applicants who will be accepting the seat have to pay acceptance fee of Rs. 45000.
- Applicants who reject the allocated seats are not eligible for next rounds. The seat of the applicants will be allocated after document verification.
JoSAA Document Verification
- Applicants will have to appear at the JoSAA reporting centre for the document verification procedure.
- The list of JoSAA 2017 document verification centre will be available at its official site of JoSAA 2017.
- Applicants must carry necessary original documents along with photocopies. In case of applicant fails to produce the documents, the allocated seat will be cancelled.
Reporting at the admitting Institution
After completing the JoSAA seat allotment, seat acceptance & verification of document process, applicants have to report to the allocated participating institutes of JoSAA 2017. After reporting, applicants have to complete admission process to confirm admission.
Required Documents at the time of JoSAA Counselling 2017
- Provisional seat allocation letter
- Class X mark sheet and passing certificate
- Class XII mark sheet and passing certificate
- Admit Card & rank of the entrance exam
- Medical exam report
- PwD certificate, if applicable
- Category certificate, if applicable
JoSAA Opening & Closing Rank
The JoSAA 2017 opening and closing rank of various JoSAA participating institutes will be released after the JoSAA seat allotment result. The opening & closing ranks will vary for every institute. The opening rank of JoSAA will be the highest rank & the closing rank of JoSAA will be the last rank that will be accepted by the participating institutes for the admission.
#JoSAA#JoSAA Counselling#JEE Main counselling#JEE Advanced counselling#JoSAA seat allotment#counselling procedure of JoSAA#online registration for JoSAA#JoSAA Application form#JoSAA Admit card#JoSAA Answer key#JoSAA Result#exam#examhelpline