PGCIL Recruitment through GATE 2018
Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL) had been recently released the notification for the Power Grid Recruitment of ET 23rd Batch through GATE Score 2018. Power Grid, the CTU (Central Transmission Utility) of India is one of the largest transmission utilities in the world. The PGCIL will accept the GATE 2018 score for recruitment of Executive Trainees (ET) in the Electrical, Civil, Computer Science and Electronics disciplines. Applicants who have applied for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2018 can also fill and submit the application form for PGCIL Recruitment through GATE 2018. But, only those applicants who have obtained valid scores in GATE 2018 will be eligible for the PGCIL ET recruitment through GATE selection procedure. Power Grid PSU recruitment through GATE will be done based on the applicants score in the GATE 2018 exam as well as their performance in GD (Group Discussion) & PI (Personal Interview).
The application form for PGCIL Executive Trainee Recruitment through GATE 2018 will be available from 5th January to 31st January 2018. So, interested applicants must apply for the PGCIL Recruitment through GATE 2018 through online mode. Applicants can also check here complete details about Power Grid Executive Trainee Engineers Recruitment through GATE Score 2018.
Overview of PGCIL Recruitment through GATE 2018
- PSU Name: Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL)
- Name of the Post: Executive Trainees (ET)
- Required Discipline: Electrical, Civil, Computer Science and Electronics
- Corresponding GATE Paper 2018: EE, CE, CS and EC
- Official Site: www.powergridindia.com
Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2018
Notification of PGCIL Recruitment through GATE 2018 is released for the post of ET (Executive Trainees) who has done their graduation in Civil, Computer Science, Electronics and Electrical engineering. Applicants who qualify in the GATE examination 2018 will be eligible to apply for the Power Grid GATE recruitment 2018. The PGCIL GATE recruitment application form will be released on 5th January 2018 in online mode. While filling the online application form for Power grid through GATE, the GATE 2018 registration number will be required. The GATE registration number will be provided in the GATE admit card 2018. In addition, applicants have to check the eligibility criteria for PGCIL through GATE score 2018 before filling the online application form. The last date for submission of Power Grid ET recruitment application form is 31st January 2018.
Eligibility Criteria of Power Grid Executive Trainee Recruitment through GATE 2018
- Applicants should have obtained valid GATE score 2018. The applicant should appear in corresponding GATE paper 2018 as given below.
Corresponding GATE paper 2018
Executive Trainee (Electronics)
Executive Trainee (Electrical)
Executive Trainee (Computer Science)
Executive Trainee (Civil)
- The upper age limit is 28 years as on 31st December 2017.
- Applicants should have completed their full time B.E/B.Tech/B.Sc (Engg.) in the discipline of Electronics/Electrical/Computer Science/Civil from recognized institute or university.
- The applicants should have obtained at least 65% marks or equivalent CGPA in the qualifying degree exam.
- Final year or semester applicants who expect their degree exam results by 14th August 2018 can also apply, provided they have secured minimum 65% marks or CGPA in aggregate of all years or semesters up to the pre final exam.
How to Apply for PGCIL Recruitment through GATE 2018
- The applicants have to first register themselves and then appear for the corresponding GATE 2018 paper before filling the application form for PGCIL Recruitment through GATE 2018.
- GATE online application form 2018 is available at GATE 2018 official site. After submission of GATE application, the applicants can download their GATE 2018 admit card.
- The GATE registration number is provided in the admit card of GATE 2018 which is required for the PGCIL GATE recruitment application form.
Steps to fill up the online application form for Power Grid ET Recruitment through GATE Score 2018
- First of all applicants have to visit the PGCIL official site.
- Now click on the link for Power Grid GATE recruitment application form.
- After that applicants have to register themselves online with required details like GATE application number, GATE registration number, etc.
- Applicants have to fill up the personal details, education qualification details, contact details, etc in online application form for PGCIL Recruitment through GATE 2018.
- The applicants need to pay the application form fee of Rs. 500. Applicants belonging to SC/ST/PwD & Ex-SM categories are exempted from the application fee payment.
- The application fee can be paid through online mode.
- Then click on submit button.
- After submission of the PGCIL application form, application no. will generate on the screen.
- Also, applicants can download and take a printout of the confirmation page of application for future purpose.
Power Grid Executive Trainee Recruitment Selection Procedure
- The selection procedure for PGCIL Recruitment through GATE 2018 will comprises of the scores obtained by the applicants in the corresponding GATE 2018 paper, GD and PI. Applicants have to follow the PGCIL ET recruitment selection procedure as given below.
- Eligible applicants need to appear for the GATE 2018 corresponding paper such as Electronic & Communication/Electrical Engineering/Computer Science & Information Technology/Civil Engineering.
- Applicants qualified in the corresponding GATE paper 2018 will be eligible for the further selection process. Qualifying scores in GATE exam 2018 will be declared by GATE organizing authority.
- Qualified applicants will be shortlisted category wise for GD (Group Discussion) and PI (Personal Interview) round on the basis of their normalized marks/scores out of 100 in the GATE corresponding paper.
- Shortlisted applicants can download the interview call letter & other documents through login at PGCIL official site.
- Applicants have to qualify in the PI (personal interview). The qualifying marks for the interview for different categories as given below.
Qualifying marks for Personal Interview
Qualifying marks in Personal Interview
OBC (NCL)/SC/ST and PwD
PGCIL Recruitment through GATE 2018 Weightage Parameters
During the calculation of final score of applicant, the weightage of scores/marks secured in the GATE exam, GD and PI will be as given below.
GATE 2018 Scores/Marks out of 100 in the corresponding GATE paper
GD (Group Discussion)
PI (Personal Interview)
Details about pay scale & probation of PGCIL Recruitment through GATE 2018
Selected applicants will be positioned in the pay scale of Rs. 24,900-50,500 during the 1 year training period. On completion of the one year training, the applicants will be placed as Engineer. The approximate CTC per annum are as given below.
- During Training: - Rs. 8.6 Lakhs
- After Training: - Rs. 15.0 Lakhs
Details about Service Agreement Bond
- The selected applicants will have to complete a service bond to complete the 1 year training period and after that serve the organization for minimum 3 years. The amount of the service agreement bond is Rs. 1, 00,000 for General/OBC (NCL) applicants & Rs. 50,000 for the SC/ST/PwD applicants.
Important Dates for PGCIL Recruitment through GATE 2018
GATE Application Form 2018 starts from
1st September 2017
Last date of GATE registration of application
5th October 2017
Availability of online application for PGCIL through GATE
5th January 2018
Last date for submission of online application to PGCIL
31st January 2018
Click here to check Power Grid Recruitment through GATE score 2018 notification
For more details about any entrance test or other education related information then register in Examhelpline.in.
#PGCIL Recruitment#PGCIL#GATE#www.powergridindia.com#PGCIL Recruitment through GATE#PGCIL ET recruitment#PGCIL Executive Trainee Recruitment#Power Grid Executive Trainee Engineers Recruitment#PGCIL GATE recruitment application form